. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . where ImagInatIon comes to play

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Willy Porter





Our prairie town has the good fortune of being known for its art community and Winnipeg is often called the Cultural Capital of Canada (yes, I wear this title proudly!). This means that out of the blue we sometimes have the sweet pleasure of welcoming incredible talent who deviate from their American tour to drive north a few hours for a visit. 
I discovered Willy Porter after his first album, "Falling Forward", was produced in 1999. The rest is the typical love story between fan & musician, except that I honestly thought I would never get to meet or see him play. A small but lovely dream was realized Friday when I was wowed by a solo performance with Willy on a 9-string, using 2 capos to create a sound many bands wish they may someday accomplish.
This video is from his 2nd album, Available Light - I hope you enJoy!

No comments: