. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . where ImagInatIon comes to play

Saturday 23 April 2011

But I need to write!

.


I am reading Margaret Atwood's "The Year of the Flood", a futuristic story where writing is prohibited (unless technological and temporary). One of it's 'bad-ass' artists hides out in the desert writing words in honey that the ants will relish on before they're discovered, or words written with toxic-spill-killed birds she sets afire, then telecast to the Mr. Rich and Bigs who still go to galleries

I would love to believe that Ms. Atwood writes of an impossible future.
.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

This was so right!

Marjolaine Hébert said...

Write on, Ralph.

Unknown said...

You! An inspiwriter.

Unknown said...

you make me think ... as ever, as always ... you make me think ... what more can we ask of one another?

Marjolaine Hébert said...

I will leave that question open-ended. Thank you for sharing this...