. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . where ImagInatIon comes to play

Saturday 31 July 2010

iN The eNd.

.
Last night, at The Cyrk, Winnipeg's best underground venue!, we were entertained by local slam poets preparing for the Nationals. The highlight for me though was undoubtedly Darek Dawda, the man responsible for creating what is now called The Canadian Festival of Spoken Word, who tested out some new material on us last night. I managed to capture some of it before my camera went black ... hope you enJoy!
.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

if you are brave, as are Darek and you, you will not understand when others tell you that you are ... what I may think as brave (believing and publicly expressing your beliefs), for others, such as you, it's simply living, simply life, simply true ... but for those of us not so evolved, it's a strong, brave way to be ... thank you for sharing your night with us ... thank you for reminding us that bravery is really quite simple, for reminding us that life should be lived on one's own terms, for reminding us that we can all be brave.

Monica said...

Wow! It is great!!!!

Oddyoddyo13 said...

Awesome! I'll have to go to one of those sometime. :)

Bonhomme Sept Heures said...

It was a really Nice Evening.
So much talent !!
Wish I had a Bubble Machine !!!
Yes, Darek really impressed me !!
:-)

Marjolaine Hébert said...

Wish I had a bubble machine too. And then if I spilled bubble goo on the floor & a performer's foot, at least it would MY goo ;-)
Love bubbles..
Love word art..
And indeed, Stuart, how boring our little world would be without brave people..and bubbles, of course!