. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . where ImagInatIon comes to play

Monday 15 February 2010

Mondo! Kroetsch

Aqua Books and Turnstone Press present:
Seed Catalogue
MARATHON READING

Tuesday, February 16, 7 pm
Aqua Books, 274 Garry Street, Winnipeg


This week marks a celebration of poet and novelist, Robert Kroetsch. Along with 25 other readers - 26 pages, 26 readers - I will be taking part in the reading of Seed Catalogue.
.
Seed Catalogue’s first publication in 1977 changed the shape of prairie writing when Robert Kroetsch claimed a personal mythology and language grounded in the prairies, and those who know my works or understand my passion for the land I can't escape, will know why I'll be there. A seminal work of prairie literature, this publication began a new era in Canadian writing and new excitement for the possibilities of poetry in the West.
.
See you there!

No comments: