. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . where ImagInatIon comes to play

Sunday 14 June 2009

.
Little Italy today: chaotic exuberance! Spring is here (honest). It showed itself on the temperature gauge, in the heat emanating from today’s sun and the batch of bluebells springing up in my neighbours’ yards. It was on the faces of the motorcycle enthusiasts roaring their engines as loudly as they possibly could, feeling unnoticed for too long I suppose. It was in the hopefulness of the new magician in my neighbourhood, ready to prove himself worthy to the passersby. It was the sound of folk songs strummed on the corner. It was on a cold one in the hands of a patio patron. It was through and through the queue I patiently waited in at Nucci’s Gelati, anxious to reach the promised cold comfort with my tongue. It's true. Spring is here. It has not forgotten Winnipeg after all...
.

No comments: