. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . where ImagInatIon comes to play

Sunday 14 September 2008

where ImagInatIon comes to play . . .

.
It was on a Sunday much like this one that I entered the world of blogging. Gerald Flood, Winnipeg Free Press Editor, had been the one to strongly recommend it just the previous day, but he didn’t specify subject matter. Personal journaling online was not a consideration for me – those who wanted to know the ins and outs of my daily life could pick up a phone. I’m still very reluctant about my foray into the world of Facebooks. It just isn’t tangible enough a relationship to satisfy me in any real way.

And so, in the tradition of Stephen King, who started his public writings through his brother’s publication, Dave’s Rag (readership: 5 – 50), I would share my voice with those willing to listen. One year later, with my daily readership nearing Dave’s higher circulation numbers (she says smiling . . .) I have decided to continue my musings for a second year.

La Charpente’s first year highlighted the works of my favourite artist, Gustav Klimt. It’s been very enjoyable for me to share his pieces with you, and I am nowhere near running out. But what I’d really like to do now is to highlight artists who are alive! There are so many of you out there – the painters, the poets, the musicians, the photographers and the film makers. I invite all of you to share your pieces right here, where your work will be highlighted and include your bio and any other information you would like to share.

So this is my call to all of my fellow CREATORS! You can contact and share with me through the email address provided on my profile page.

And to me . . . Happy Anniversary : -)
La Charpente est encore sans son escarpe . . .
.

No comments: