. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . where ImagInatIon comes to play

Monday 30 June 2008

Feed your mind, feed the hungry!

.

As an advocate for literacy and with the sincere belief that reading is the key that ensures continued knowledge and personal growth, I was twice pleased to discover through my friend's website, http://www.pozvibes.com/ ,that learning can serve yet another cause close to my heart. Feeding the hungry.

The link to http://www.freerice.com/ has been on my menu of sites worth visiting for a few days now, but I decided to bring special attention to it for those who don't bother with La Charpente's sidebar. Spending just 10 minutes a day has already improved my vocabulary, and with the added bonus of knowing that I am putting rice in someone's bowl, well . . . How great is that?

With so many North American funds going towards supplies of mass destruction, and the corporate world more concerned about the price of gas than they are the homeless person they may need to step over on their way from the office to their $40k pair of wheels, someone needs to keep their eyes and hearts open. Don't you think?

Here's to a proud & happy
Canada Day
to every citizen of this vast and beautiful land that is ours!
.

No comments: